Dear Colleagues, Last week, a group of Canadian faculty members posted a proposal to hold a Scholar Strike in solidarity with those fighting to advance racial justice across North America. Both our national and provincial affiliates (see OCUFA statement, here) have echoed and amplified this call to action. Here is the opening paragraph from the … Read More
Welcome to the TUFA website!
Scroll Down for the Latest News, Events and Announcements
Dear Colleagues, TUFA has been advised that the Deans have confirmed staffing plan allocations with their department Chairs and so all members should now have a clear sense of which courses they will be teaching in the coming year. Please be reminded that June 24th is the deadline for members to request reconsideration of assigned … Read More
Dear Colleagues, This week’s Town Halls were well attended and extremely productive. Thanks to everyone who participated. We are planning several follow-up Virtual Chats for the coming weeks aimed at LTAs, current and incoming Chairs, and Teaching-intensive appointees. We are also planning a joint session with the Employer to discuss peer-review processes for probationary members, … Read More
There are no upcoming events at this time.
TUFA Community Funding
Reflecting our ongoing comittment to the community and principles of social justice TUFA has committed funds to support community and social justice initiatives in Peterborough and Durham.
Applications in support of local cultural, intellectual, educative, community service, humanitarian, and/or social justice events and initiatives will be preferred.
- New Brescia Faculty Association agreement delivers big win for contract faculty September 30, 2020
- Watch Combatting anti-Black racism in the academy: A primer for faculty September 29, 2020
- New articles from Academic Matters for September, 2020 September 24, 2020
- CAUT decries arrest of Carleton University student in Turkey September 28, 2020
- Federal Throne Speech misses opportunity to fix post-secondary education and support research September 24, 2020
- CAUT highlights role for federal government in strengthening post-secondary education in advance of the Speech from the Throne September 21, 2020